What is considered as Personal Information?
Within this policy, Personal Information means the same as it does within the Privacy Act 1993. In general terms, this includes any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include (but is not limited to) your name, age, gender, address, contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses) and possibly financial information, including your payment information. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, then the information is considered personal information.
The information we collect
Redbasket is operated and managed by Kinjal Limited. As part of our operations we may collect certain types of information about the users of our sites:
- Personally Identifiable Information. This is provided by you when you register for services that we may offer. Examples of these services could include email newsletters or events. Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you choose not to provide it.
- Details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries, Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or apps or in-store or indirectly through use of our website or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and information you provide to us through our customer contact centre or customer surveys, or that is publicly available.
- Information that we collect automatically on our Sites.
- Browser and device data, such as IP address, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons and the language version of the Sites you are visiting;
- Usage data, such as time spent on the Sites, pages visited, links clicked, language preferences, and the pages that led or referred you to our Sites.
- We also may collect information about your online activities on websites and connected devices over time and across third-party websites, devices, apps and other online features and services. We use Google Analytics on our Sites to help us analyze your use of our Sites and diagnose technical issues.
Why do we collect Personal Information?
Redbasket collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide products and services to you
- To provide you with information or advice about existing and new products and services
- To communicate with you and process your requests
- To manage and enhance our products and services
- To personalise and customise your experience
- To provide you with access to secure areas of our websites
- To conduct competitions or promotions
- To verify your identity
- To provide to third parties if you have authorised us to do so
- To conduct analysis
- To conduct business processing functions for operation of our websites or our business, for our administrative, marketing, promotional, planning, product/service development, quality control and research purposes, or those of our contractors or external service providers
- To investigate, if we have reason to suspect a breach of any of our terms and conditions or any suspected unlawful activity; and/or
- as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
Who we share this information with
Redbasket does not sell or rent Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We share your Personal Data with trusted entities, as outlined below.
- Service Providers
We share Personal Data with a limited number of our service providers. We have service providers that provide services on our behalf, such as product suppliers, delivery services, identity verification services, website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, and auditing services. These service providers may need to access Personal Data to perform their services. We authorize such service providers to use or disclose the Personal Data only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We require such service providers to contractually commit to protect the security and confidentiality of Personal Data they process on our behalf. Our service providers are predominantly located in the New Zealand and the China.
- Business Partners
We share Personal Data with third party business partners when this is necessary to provide our Services to our Users. Examples of third parties to whom we may disclose Personal Data for this purpose are banks and payment method providers (such as credit card networks) when we provide payment processing services, and the professional services firms that we partner with.
- The aggregated data (not the personally identifiable information) may be shared with third parties such as advertisers or business partners.
- Your personally identifiable information will only be shared with third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
What else we do with personally identifiable information
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our site. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
1. To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services.
2. To process any transactions that you might make on our site.
3. To help provide any other services that you have requested.
4. To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests.
5. For any marketing, promotional, publicity or market research that we might undertake.
6. For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
What about our advertisers and business partners?
Opting in and opting out
You will always have the option to opt in to certain services and to opt out of those services at any stage. This means you may change your mind at any stage about participating in any of our member services.
Your right to access your information