A powerful herbal formula made from dried ivy leaf to soothe the throat and help clear the airways.
What do I use it for?
- Soothes the throat and helps clear the airways
- Helps thin mucous and moistens dry irritated membranes of the airways
- Suitable for everyone – even under 2’s
- May be taken alongside any medication
What makes it special?
Prospan® is sold in 102 countries as well as being the market leader in 35 countries. Add to that 65,000 patient trials proving its effectiveness, and more than 35 publications on clinical and non-clinical data, and it is no surprise that Prospan® is considered the number one ivy leaf formula in the world. Does not contain alcohol, sugar or artificial colours and has a pleasant taste, which helps with compliance in children and adults.
How does it work?
Prospan® contains a patented form of ivy leaf extract that supports the receptors in the lungs helping the body with normal open airways and normal mucous viscosity. This supports the airways with normal breathing and moisture levels
Each 5ml dose contains:
|Hedera helix (ivy leaf) dry extract (5-7.5:1)||35||mg|
Prospan® Bronchial Syrup 100ml & 200ml also contains: Citric acid, natural cherry flavour, potassium sorbate, sorbitol 1.93 g/5 ml (sugar substitute), xanthan gum, purified water.
Prospan® Bronchial Syrup Menthol Flavour also contains: Menthol, citric acid, natural flavours, potassium sorbate, sorbitol 1.93 g/5 ml (sugar substitute), xanthan gum, purified water.
No Added: Gluten or wheat, dairy, yeast, sugar, artificial colours and flavours.
TIP: Shake well before use.
Using the enclosed measuring cup:
Adults and children over 12 years: 5 ml 3 times daily.
Children 6-12 years: 5 ml twice daily.
Children 2-6 years: 2.5 ml twice daily (Menthol 100ml not suitable for children under 6).
Children under 2 years of age: 2.5 ml twice daily* (Menthol 100ml not suitable for children under 6).
*Young children can develop serious illness quite quickly and should be assessed by a doctor before taking Prospan®.
Precautions and Contraindications
- Avoid Clinicians Prospan® Bronchial Syrup if you have a known allergy to any of the ingredients or are fructose intolerant (due to the sorbitol content).
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- Consult your health professional before taking Clinicians Prospan® Bronchial Syrup. To date insufficient studies have been performed during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Clinicians Prospan® Bronchial Syrup has been used around the world for nearly twenty years and is considered very well tolerated.
- Clinicians Prospan® Bronchial Syrup contains sorbitol which may have a laxative effect in some sensitive individuals.
- None known